Monday, July 11, 2011

Great News For Developers: ASP Is Up

Apple recently boasted about its 15 billion app downloads.  By any reckoning, that is an impressive number.  And $4.5 billion paid out to developers.  That's not bad considering that most of the apps downloaded were probably free.

And according to Macnn, the average selling price has rebounded to $1.44 per app and this should only increase as the level of sophistication also increase with the release of new API, functions from new OS updates like iOS 5.  This is a reversal from a year ago when prices dropped from 2009 to 2010. 

What changed?  The sheer number of apps increased and likely users found that they can do more with their iOS devices beyond just free apps. 

I guess this is time for me to hit the iOS dev books again.

No comments:

MacBook Air M2 - I Love It And Any Laptop You Get Will Always Be Right For the Time

The 2016 MacBook sitting off to the side still has some value as I gleefully starting using my MacBook Air M2 that I got for a decent price ...