Friday, July 29, 2011

iPhone 3GS for One Penny

I've bought quite a few Apple products refubished. My Powerbook was.  So Is my current Macbook Air. And even a couple of iPods as well.  They're top notch as far as I'm concerned.  So now, Cult of Mac is reporting that the iPhone 3GS can be had for one penny.

It's significant because the iPhone 3GS is a very good mobile device.  As a lower end mobile computer, it is good enough to give some high end competing smartphones a run for their money. On top of that, the battery life is better than most if not all Android devices out there.  

What this move by AT&T is essentially their way of clearing the stock out for you know what.  The next iPhone.  There was fear that Apple may not release an iPhone this year. There's always a chance of that happening but not a good one.  The recent increase in chatters as well as moves by carriers, like this one, seems to all of seal the deal on the iPhone coming in a matter of weeks.  

So, if you're looking for a nearly free iPhone, you cannot go wrong with the 3GS.  And it even runs iOS 5.  If you buy a lower end or even a mid-range Android phone today, there is no promise that the next Android update will run on it.  

Source: Cult of Mac.

No comments:

MacBook Air M2 - I Love It And Any Laptop You Get Will Always Be Right For the Time

The 2016 MacBook sitting off to the side still has some value as I gleefully starting using my MacBook Air M2 that I got for a decent price ...