Friday, July 29, 2011

With 28% of the US Marketshare and International Demands for the iPhone Stil Strong, Apple Continues To Dominate Profit

The last I heard, Apple had over 50% share of the mobile profit while only a quarter of the mobile device share.  And with Apple increase it's footprint this quarter, it would be pathetic if that figure remains the same.  Well, no worries.  

9to5Mac suggests that Apple could capture as much as two-third of the total mobile profit.  That's right, one company with a vast majority of the pie.

It was only 4 years ago that the iPhone was introduced and Apple was vying for a mere 1% of the total phone market.  At the time, many analysts thought that was an impossibility.  And at the time, Nokia had nearly sixty percent of the profit.  

After Apple came Samsung with 15% of the profit in mobile.  

9to5Mac has much more details and pretty graphs so I'm gonna make you click over to read up on them.

No comments:

MacBook Air M2 - I Love It And Any Laptop You Get Will Always Be Right For the Time

The 2016 MacBook sitting off to the side still has some value as I gleefully starting using my MacBook Air M2 that I got for a decent price ...