Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Apple ID Limited To 10 Devices In Use From Now On - Makes Sense

One of the great things about Apple's Mac and iOS ecosystem is that you're can buy once and install on many devices - depending on your assortments of Macs and iOS devices.  I've got three Macs, iPhone, iPod touch, and a three iPads.  That's eight devices right there.  And if things go according it as Apple planned, I'll have only two more devices to authorize my account on.

According to The Unofficial Apple Weblog, the new policy is already two months old.  And not only is the limitation now to ten devices (Macs included), there will be a 90-day wait period before the device can reassign a new ID.  That is what I'm a bit perplexed about. 

Personally, I thought this was all about making users pay media than anything else. If I give or sell a device, it would make more sense for Apple want to release the device for a new ID and use.

At the end of the day, ten devices is very generous.  Still, I can't help but wonder I will need to create a new ID for some family members as well.  And I hope Apple does change the 90-day lock-in policy.

No comments:

MacBook Air M2 - I Love It And Any Laptop You Get Will Always Be Right For the Time

The 2016 MacBook sitting off to the side still has some value as I gleefully starting using my MacBook Air M2 that I got for a decent price ...