Monday, September 26, 2011

About Apple's Siri-Like Voice Capability, Android Has It A While Back, Nothing New?

I doubt Android fans in general pay much attention to the daily in-and-outs about what's going on with Apple.  And today's talk about Apple finally giving iOS 5 the ability to take voice input for writing e-mails, setting up events, etc have long been a staple of the Android platform.  So, what's the big deal?

First and foremost, I'm a mobile fan.  I love that competition is giving mobile warriors what they want, more often, and better.  However, it just seems like today's voice-command feature, being called Assistant, is just a catch-up by Apple.

Or is it?  

I'm sure Apple knows that Android users have been able to use their mobile devices to speak into them and perform mobile tasks.  Unforunately, not many folks use it as much as they should.  Now, regardless of which camp you fall under, Apple has have a history of making it seems like they created something brand new when, in fact, nothing is further from the truth.

However, Apple has a way of making it so that new features "they did not invent" are easier to use and more appealing.  I figure that is what we might possibly see in the next iOS 5 if today's chatters are right.

Still, competition, competition, competition.  Android 4 is due up a couple of weeks  I'm pretty sure Google has a few cool features that will blow our minds.

The only difference is that Apple's iOS 5 roll out to older devices will happen the same week as the iPhone hardware while Android fans will have to wait until the device makers and carriers make the update available which could take weeks if not months.

No comments:

MacBook Air M2 - I Love It And Any Laptop You Get Will Always Be Right For the Time

The 2016 MacBook sitting off to the side still has some value as I gleefully starting using my MacBook Air M2 that I got for a decent price ...