Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bigger Screened iPhones Probably Won't Mean More Information Displayed; Just Everything Becomes Bigger

I was looking at this Appleinsider post about supposedly cases that point to prove that the iPhone 5 will have a redesigned body.

From the looks of things, it appears that the new iPhone will have a bigger screen.  How much bigger?  Not by much, I'm afraid.  Furthermore, the don't expect that a bigger screen, no matter the size, will mean more icons displayed per row or column.  If anything, the icons become bigger and more detailed.

What I really like to know is if Apple maintains the Retina Display claim.  And if so, will it happen through the reality distortion field or actually increase the resolution accordingly.  The current iPhone 4 and iPod touch has 326 dpi (dots per inch).

Let me tell you.  It makes a big difference.  You'll need to compare a regular iPhone screen, anything before the iPhone 4, and with the Retina Display.  You don't want anything less after that.

These questions will be answered in due time, obviously.  Still, until then, it gives us something to speculate and write about.

No comments:

MacBook Air M2 - I Love It And Any Laptop You Get Will Always Be Right For the Time

The 2016 MacBook sitting off to the side still has some value as I gleefully starting using my MacBook Air M2 that I got for a decent price ...