Tuesday, March 26, 2013

iWatch: It’s Not A Watch, Folks – Start Calling It iWear

I suck at naming names which is why I am not in any creative job or have ever been.  However, the more I think about it, the more I think this iWatch everyone is chiming in about is not a watch at all.  I think it’ll be a small device that is wearable and flexible in terms of where you put it on your person.

Let’s call it the iWear.

If you want to put a strap to it and wear it like a watch, go for it.  Many folks have done it with the last generation iPod nano.  Dorky looking but Apple didn’t stop you and won’t be stopping you from using iWear like a watch.  Wanna wear it around your neck?  Apple has don’t that before with the first generation Shuffle.  Looks good too.  Wanna clip it to your belt?  Sure.

iWatch is too limited.  That’s the whole point.  iWear?  I reckon it’ll spawn a whole new third party accessory industry unlike anything we have been before.  Look for Kickstarter to get inundated with accessories and add-ons for iWear.  Imagine a clip-on device for the iWear that monitors vitals or provide additional battery life.  A GPS or pedometer unit for running from Nike for iWear.

Just so you know, this is my own speculation.  But it makes a heck of a lot more sense than a watch.  But it makes a heck of a lot more sense than a watch.  And though it might be used as a watch, the idea of such a device being a GPS for your life pertains to iWear as well.

No comments:

MacBook Air M2 - I Love It And Any Laptop You Get Will Always Be Right For the Time

The 2016 MacBook sitting off to the side still has some value as I gleefully starting using my MacBook Air M2 that I got for a decent price ...