Monday, March 11, 2013

Retina Display Macbook Pro's Battery Life Outlasts Competitors - No Surprise Here


Source:  Which via Macdailynews.

Which is a new site to me but their results on the Macbook Pro with Retina Display's battery life should be no surprise to anyone.  Apple's legendary battery life in Macbooks is well known but it's good to see this fact affirmed once more.


Their result gave the 13" model 388 minutes or 6.5 hours, 30 minutes short of Apple's own numbers.  However, you don't want to read too much into that because testing methods likely vary.  For the most part, my own experience shows that Apple's numbers are conservative but right on target.


The closest competitor is an Acer laptop came in just under 6 hours (358 minutes).  Interestingly, given the prominence of Google's Chromebook Pixel, they tested Samsung's Chromebook which returned 224 minutes.

And the test goes on to suggest that the battery life is what you pay for.  Dell, probably the cheapest among those tested did not even managed two hours.

Again, Apple has 7 hours of battery life suggested for the 13".  In fact, the 15" Macbook Pro with Retina Display also get the same number.  Pretty good but by no means am I satisfied.

I like to see Apple achieve iPad-like numbers for the Macbooks.  I think it's feasible if Apple really push the envelope.  And now is the best time to do this.  The PC market is in disarray and decline.  Windows 8 has not caught on like Microsoft and its partners had hope.

As a mobile warrior, I'm sure you can appreciate this.  I'm looking for that true all day Macbook battery life that allows me to do whatever I want without fearing that I won't be able to find a plug.


No comments:

MacBook Air M2 - I Love It And Any Laptop You Get Will Always Be Right For the Time

The 2016 MacBook sitting off to the side still has some value as I gleefully starting using my MacBook Air M2 that I got for a decent price ...