Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Privacy: DDG Attributes 600% Growth to Apple and Privacy Concerns

Source:  9to5Mac.

An interview with DuckDuckGo CEO, Gabe Weinberg, revealed how DuckDuckGo has made money without going to the extent Google and other companies that rely on ad revenues in which they collect information on their users.  They attribute their 3 billion searches a year growth on being part of Apple's library of search engines to choose from and concerns over various governments' big brother aspirations and privacy concerns.

Okay, specifically, the NSA was mentioned but, really, what government would not want the kinds and amounts of information the US government currently collects on us.  Granted that while I'm not concern about any malicious intents of the authorities (yet) and I genuinely believe that some believe they need the information to combat terrorism and other crimes, it does concern me at times.

So Duckduckgo is my default search engine but I'm more concern about what companies do with my information than just the NSA storing it in its databases.  Nevertheless, we all want to keep our eyes open no matter who or what wants to erode our sense of privacy.


No comments:

MacBook Air M2 - I Love It And Any Laptop You Get Will Always Be Right For the Time

The 2016 MacBook sitting off to the side still has some value as I gleefully starting using my MacBook Air M2 that I got for a decent price ...