Tuesday, April 5, 2022

AirPods Pro 2 - What New Features Can We Expect Or Want (Part 1)

I received a pair of AirPods Pro as a gift. Prior to that, I had avoided spending $250 on these little Bluetooth earbuds that I knew I had a good chance of losing. But after using it for more than a year now, I eagerly await the next version of the AirPods Pro and can’t wait to see how AirPods Pro 2 would be better than the original version. 

As an Apple fan, you would think that I would have been all over the AirPods when it first came out. And if not the original AirPods, then I would go for the AirPods Pro because of its new form, active noice cancellation features, water proof against sweat, and longer battery life.

But I didn’t buy it because knowing myself, there was a good chance I was going to lose it. But so far, I’ve  misplaced it many times but have not permanently lost one earbud or the whole set yet.  I’ve listed many other cheap pairs that I bought from Amazon so I have been pleasantly surprised. 

Now I know I can be remarkably responsible in this respect, I am looking forward to the next version of the AirPods Pro. Let’s start with what we know so far:

  • It will come in the second half of this year.  My guess, and probably yours, it is that’ll be here in time for the Holidays.
  • There could be features what adapt to the user - usage, ear size, etc. 
  • Price will stay at $250, the current retail price of the AirPods Pro 
  • . But I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest that is possible Apple might price it higher at $279 due to rising costs. And yeah we will buy it. I doubt people will grumble about it given the rate of inflation and just recently, Apple also hiked the entry price of the new iPhone SE by $30. The price was noted but few complaints. 
  • Better battery life. I am guess an hour at most. While your mileage may vary, I do want my gadgets to have longer battery life but at no time have I ran out of juice because I could put the AirPods into the case for a quick charge. Maybe one of the two did run out of battery once but I was able to continue using the other one while the other one charges. For reference, the Beats Fit Pro from Apple with ANC offers six hours. 
  • Better sound quality. I do not have discerning ears so while I appreciate any improvement Apple makes, I doubt the audio quality of my audiobooks and podcasts will sound any better. That’s what I listen to most. Having said that, Apple is all about innovations so we can expert some crazy awesome improvements. 
  • New design. Given how compact the Beats Fit Pro is, I expect the AirPods Pro 2 will looks more like the Fit than the original one. However, I am worried about audio quality from the microphone. 
  • There may be some health features but I’ll be honest about this one: so far, this sounds more like wishful thinking. If anyone is waiting to get health features on the AirPods, I recommend to just go ahead and get the Apple Watch. 
More information will leak from Asia, Apple watchers with insider info, and certain well connected analysts. Those information above are pretty sound and I expect most of that to be pretty accurate. Next, I’ll hit the features that we are all hoping to have on the AirPods Pro 2. 

No comments:

MacBook Air M2 - I Love It And Any Laptop You Get Will Always Be Right For the Time

The 2016 MacBook sitting off to the side still has some value as I gleefully starting using my MacBook Air M2 that I got for a decent price ...