Monday, December 1, 2008

MacBook GPU Debate

Well, not so much a debate but more about what to get.  Macbook with its integrated GPU but still much more powerful than anything we've seen for the Macbook line or go with the Pro version and the 9600 dedicated GPU.

I spent some time over the weekend with both units as I haven't decided which works best for me. And the GPU played a big part as I also considered future-proofing my mobile investment.  Here is a post from Linden LAN from October (not long ago) that discussed the 9600M, 8600M, and the 9400M.  As you may already know, the 9600M is the flagship GPU in the MBP, the 8600M was the GPU in previous iterations of MBP, and the 9400M replaced the underpowered Intel IGP x3100 (Apple has passed on the current generation, x4500).

There's a lot of debate over the Macbook with the 9400M, in good ways, not bad.  People generally love it and, yet, people also like numbers.  This GPU versus that GPU versus something else.

Based on LL's way of looking at it, the aluminum Macbook's GPU is 82% of the 8600M.  Not bad.

However, no matter what you go with, I have to say you can't go wrong with any of the selection on the market, from the new MBP and MB to the previous generation MBP.  I don't think you can go wrong.

As for me, I am still in love with my MacWind and I've yet decided when I'll pull the trigger.  Suffice to say, I am leaning towards the Macbook with the newer mobile system, GPU, and looks.

Source:  Linden LAN

No comments:

MacBook Air M2 - I Love It And Any Laptop You Get Will Always Be Right For the Time

The 2016 MacBook sitting off to the side still has some value as I gleefully starting using my MacBook Air M2 that I got for a decent price ...