Thursday, March 25, 2010

No iPhone Rumors, What's Up With That?

iPad this. iPad that. Magazines and ebooks. It's all anyone talks about these days. What about the next iPhone?

In the past, I've said that I would not report on rumors. But seriously, there have been a dearth of rumors regarding the iPhone lately. I'm sure things'll start trickling out once the iPad is on the market and the excitement surrounding it has some time to simmer a bit.

There have been supposed e-mails from Steve Jobs to users but mostly, they point to the OS rather than the hardware.

There is a job posting that Apple made public: they're looking for someone who can work on HSPA+ and LTE. That is hardly a surprise given that after 3G as we know it now, we can look forward to HPSA+ and LTE.

And with T-Mobile's parent company talking about selling the iPhone some time in late 2010 or early 2011, it's a good bet that Apple will try to take advantage of HSPA+ if the iPhone does come to T-Mobile USA.

Beyond that, 3G sprinkled with LTE is likely to happen. But that's 2011 and beyond. As I've said at Onxo, supercharged 3G is what AT&T has subscribers to look forward to.

So, that's where we at with anything on the next iPhone at this time. No rumors, crazy or insane.  But we'll have the iPad to look forward to.

No comments:

MacBook Air M2 - I Love It And Any Laptop You Get Will Always Be Right For the Time

The 2016 MacBook sitting off to the side still has some value as I gleefully starting using my MacBook Air M2 that I got for a decent price ...